General VAT questions for the EMEA region
Will I be charged VAT?
We are legally required to collect local VAT on all applicable orders placed on the uk.crucial.com or eu.crucial.com websites, which cover the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa) region.
How much VAT will I be charged?
UK VAT (20% of the total order cost, including shipping charges) is applied by default to all applicable EU orders. Depending on where you are located within the EU, the local VAT amount in your ship-to country may be applied to your order.
What are the exceptions to being charged VAT?
- If you are shipping to an address outside of the EU no VAT will be charged on your orders. You may be charged local import or custom fees, you should check the fees with your local government.
- You are VAT registered in the EU (outside UK). This is available for Business customers, including Resellers and Government organisations. Your VAT number should be added at the time of your order.
- You are shipping to an EU region that is VAT exempt. These regions are listed below, along with the member states:
- Finland - The Åland Islands
- France - Martinique, French Guiana*, Guadeloupe*, Reunion*, St Pierre and Miquelon (* for shipping to these regions your order should be placed on our US site)
- Greece - Mount Athos (Agion Poros)
- Spain - Canary Islands
- United Kingdom - Channel Islands, Gibraltar
- Your organization is VAT exempt. These include:
- Medical Research Organisations – Exemption certificate required
- Charities – A certificate, or letter, from your local tax authority outlining you are eligible for orders to ship without VAT - An official declaration signed by an officer of the registered charity
- British Forces – the order needs to be shipped to a BFPO address outside the EU. To ship VAT exempt, official documentation or letter from commanding officer verifying service outside the EU
There are no exceptions to the requirement to pay VAT unless a buyer fits one of the above categories. If you have any questions about documentation or VAT please contact our Customer Service.
How do I claim VAT exempt status on the web site?
To have VAT removed from your order, you need to have a Business, Government, Educational, or VAR (Value Added Reseller) account. If you do not have one of these account types already then you can create one here:
- To place an order for shipping in the UK click here to create your account. Orders placed on the UK site will be billed in GBP.
- To place an order for shipping in the EU click here to create your account. Orders placed on the EU site will be billed in Euro’s.
When placing your order, you can add your VAT number in the box provided on the shipping page. The box can be found under the “Tax exemption?” heading - you should also select the radio button “I am VAT registered”. This allows us to review the VAT number on the VIES website and remove the VAT before shipping your order.
If you are VAT exempt for medical research purposes, we will need a copy of your VAT exemption certificate emailed to us at email@example.com. Please include your order number in the email. Keep in mind delays in sending this certificate can delay your order.
©2019 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Information, products, and/or specifications are subject to change without notice. Neither Crucial nor Micron Technology, Inc. is responsible for omissions or errors in typography or photography. Micron, the Micron logo, Crucial, and the Crucial logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.